LT1244 - High Speed Current Mode Pulse Width Modulators
- Low Start-Up Current: <250µA
- 50ns Current Sense Delay
- Current Mode Operation: To 500kHz
- Pin Compatible with UC1842 Series
- Undervoltage Lockout with Hysteresis
- No Cross-Conduction Current
- Trimmed Bandgap Reference
- 1A Totem Pole Output
- Trimmed Oscillator Frequency and Sink Current
- Active Pull-Down on Reference and Output During Undervoltage Lockout
- High Level Output Clamp: 18V
- Current Sense Leading Edge Blanking
DescriptionThe LT®1241 series devices are 8-pin, fixed frequency, current mode, pulse width modulators. They are improved plug compatible versions of the industry standard UC1842 series. These devices have both improved speed and lower quiescent current. The LT1241 series is optimized for off-line and DC/DC converter applications. They contain a temperature-compensated reference, high gain error amplifier, current sensing comparator and a high current totem pole output stage ideally suited to driving power MOSFETs. Start-up current has been reduced to less than 250µA. Cross-conduction current spikes in the output stage have been eliminated, making 500kHz operation practical. Several new features have been incorporated. Leading edge blanking has been added to the current sense comparator. Trims have been added to the oscillator circuit for both frequency and sink current, and both of these parameters are tightly specified. The output stage is clamped to a maximum VOUT of 18V in the on state. The output and the reference output are actively pulled low during undervoltage lockout.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
Click here to view our complete list of demo boards
- Off-Line Converters
- DC/DC Converters
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT1245 - High Speed Current Mode Pulse Width Modulators
- LT1241 - High Speed Current Mode Pulse Width Modulators
- LT1247 - 1MHz Off-Line Current Mode PWM and DC/DC Converter
- LT1243 - High Speed Current Mode Pulse Width Modulators
- LT1242 - High Speed Current Mode Pulse Width Modulators
- LTC6992 - TimerBlox: Voltage-Controlled Pulse Width Modulator (PWM)
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT1246 - 1MHz Off-Line Current Mode PWM and DC/DC Converter
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LT3758 - High Input Voltage, Boost, Flyback, SEPIC and Inverting Controller
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice: