LT1185 - Low Dropout Regulator
- Low Resistance Pass Transistor: 0.25Ω
- Dropout Voltage: 0.75V at 3A
- ±1% Reference Voltage
- Accurate Programmable Current Limit
- Shutdown Capability
- Internal Reference Available
- Full Remote Sense
- Low Quiescent Current: 2.5mA
- Good High Frequency Ripple Rejection
- Available in 5-Lead TO-220 and DD Packages
The LT1185 is a 3A low dropout regulator with adjustable current limit and remote sense capability. It can be used as a positive output regulator with floating input or as a standard negative regulator with grounded input. The output voltage range is 2.5V to 25V, with ±1% accuracy on the internal reference voltage.
The LT1185 uses a saturation-limited NPN transistor as the pass element. This device gives the linear dropout characteristics of a FET pass element with significantly less die area. High efficiency is maintained by using special anti-saturation circuitry that adjusts base drive to track load current. The “on resistance” is typically 0.25Ω. Accurate current limit is programmed with a single 1/8W external resistor, with a range of zero to three amperes. A second, fixed internal limit circuit prevents destructive currents if the programming current is accidentally overranged. Shutdown of the regulator output is guaranteed when the program current is less than 1µA, allowing external logic control of output voltage.
The LT1185 has all the protection features of previous LTC regulators, including power limiting and thermal shutdown.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
Click here to view our complete list of demo boards
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT3015 - 1.5A, Low Noise, Negative Linear Regulator with Precision Current Limit
- LT1083 - 7.5A, 5A, 3A Low Dropout Positive Adjustable Regulators
- LT1085 - 7.5A, 5A, 3A Low Dropout Positive Adjustable Regulators
- LT1084 - 7.5A, 5A, 3A Low Dropout Positive Adjustable Regulators
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT3083 - Adjustable 3A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT1175 - 500mA Negative Low Dropout Micropower Regulator
- LT1963A Series - 1.5A, Low Noise, Fast Transient Response LDO Regulators
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
- LT1028 - Ultra Low Noise Precision High Speed Op Amps
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. To download LTspice IV and other FREE simulation tools, please visit our Design Simulation page.
Related models available in LTspice IV