LT1181A - Low Power 5V RS232 Dual Driver/Receiver with 0.1µF Capacitors
- ESD Protection over ±10kV
- Uses Small Capacitors: 0.1µF
- 120kBaud Operation for RL = 3k, CL = 2500pF
- 250kBaud Operation for RL = 3k, CL = 1000pF
- Outputs Withstand ±30V Without Damage
- CMOS Comparable Low Power: 40mW
- Operates from a Single 5V Supply
- Rugged Bipolar Design
- Outputs Assume a High Impedance State When Off or Powered Down
- Meets All RS232 Specifications
- Available With or Without Shutdown
- Absolutely No Latch-up
- Available in SO Package
The LT®1180A/LT1181A are dual RS232 driver/receiver pairs with integral charge pump to generate RS232 voltage levels from a single 5V supply. These circuits feature rugged bipolar design to provide operating fault tolerance and ESD protection unmatched by competing CMOS designs. Using only 0.1µF external capacitors, these circuits consume only 40mW of power, and can operate to 120k baud even while driving heavy capacitive loads. New ESD structures on the chip allow the LT1180A/LT1181A to survive multiple ±10kV strikes, eliminating the need for costly TransZorbs® on the RS232 line pins. The LT1180A/LT1181A are fully compliant with EIA RS232 standards. Driver outputs are protected from overload, and can be shorted to ground or up to ±30V without damage. During shutdown or power-off conditions, driver and receiver outputs are in a high impedance state, allowing line sharing.
The LT1181A is available in 16-pin DIP and SO packages. The LT1180A is supplied in 18-pin DIP and SO packages for applications which require shutdown.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
Click here to view our complete list of demo boards
- Portable Computers
- Battery-Powered Systems
- Power Supply Generator
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC2801 - 1.8V to 5.5V RS-232 Single and Dual Transceivers
- LTM2881 - Complete Isolated RS485/RS422 μModule Transceiver + Power
- LT3652 - Power Tracking 2A Battery Charger for Solar Power
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
- LTC4412 - Low Loss PowerPath Controller in ThinSOT
- LT1761 - 100mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators in TSOT-23
- LT3748 - 100V Isolated Flyback Controller
- LTM2882 - Dual Isolated RS232 uModule Transceiver + Power
- LT3470 - Micropower Buck Regulator with Integrated Boost and Catch Diodes
- LTC2804 - 1.8V to 5.5V RS-232 Single and Dual Transceivers
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
Linear Technology provides a variety of custom design simulation tools and device models to allow even novice designers to quickly and easily evaluate circuits using high performance switching regulators, amplifiers, data converters, filters and more. Please visit our Design Tools page to view and download: