LT1175 - 500mA Negative Low Dropout Micropower Regulator
- Operating Current: 45μA
- Adjustable Current Limit
- Low Voltage Linear Dropout Characteristics
- Stable with Wide Range of Output Capacitors
- Shutdown Current: 10μA
- Positive or Negative Shutdown Logic
- Fixed 5V and Adjustable Versions
- Tolerates Reverse Output Voltage
- Available in 8-pin PDIP and SO Packages, 3-lead SOT-223, 5-Pin Surface Mount DD and Through-Hole TO-220 Packages
AEC-Q100 data available for specific packages
The LT1175 is a negative micropower low dropout regulator. It features 45μA quiescent current, dropping to 10μA in shutdown. A new reference amplifier topology gives precision DC characteristics along with the ability to maintain good loop stability with an extremely wide range of output capacitors. Very low dropout voltage and high efficiency are obtained with a unique power transistor anti-saturation design. Adjustable and fixed 5V versions are available.
Several new features make the LT1175 very user-friendly. The SHDN pin can interface directly to either positive or negative logic levels. Current limit is user-selectable at 200mA, 400mA, 600mA and 800mA. The output can be forced to reverse voltage without damage or latchup. Unlike some earlier designs, the increase in quiescent current during a dropout condition is actively limited.
The LT1175 has complete blowout protection with current limiting, power limiting and thermal shutdown. Special attention was given to the problem of high temperature operation with micropower operating currents, preventing output voltage rise under no-load conditions. The LT1175 is available in 8-pin PDIP and SO packages, 3-lead SOT- 223 as well as 5-pin surface mount DD and through-hole TO-220 packages. The 8-pin SO package is specially constructed for low thermal resistance.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
|LT1175CT-5#06PBF||TO-220||T||C||05-08-1421 (Flow 06)||Yes|
|LT1175CT#06PBF||TO-220||T||C||05-08-1421 (Flow 06)||Yes|
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricingsales office or authorized distributor.
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
Click here to view our complete list of demo boards
Designed for Automotive and Transportation ApplicationsAEC-Q100 data is available for these specific part numbers. Please contact your local sales representative for more information regarding reliability reports or to inquire about parts that are not included. For more information, view our Automotive and Transportation page
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
- Analog Systems
- A/D and D/A Converters
- Interface Drivers
- Battery-Powered Systems
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT3015 - 1.5A, Low Noise, Negative Linear Regulator with Precision Current Limit
- LT1964 - 200mA, Low Noise, Low Dropout Negative Micropower Regulator
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
- LT3032 Series - Dual 150mA Positive/Negative Low Noise Low Dropout Linear Regulator
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT3090 - –36V, 600mA Negative Linear Regulator with Programmable Current Limit
- LT1761 - 100mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators in TSOT-23
- LT1963A Series - 1.5A, Low Noise, Fast Transient Response LDO Regulators
- LT1185 - Low Dropout Regulator
- LT1129 - Micropower Low Dropout Regulators with Shutdown
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice: