LT1173 - Micropower DC/DC Converter Adjustable and Fixed 5V, 12V
- Operates at Supply Voltages From 2.0V to 30V
- Consumes Only 110µA Supply Current
- Works in Step-Up or Step-Down Mode
- Only Three External Components Required
- Low Battery Detector Comparator On-Chip
- User-Adjustable Current Limit
- Internal 1A Power Switch
- Fixed or Adjustable Output Voltage Versions
- Space Saving 8-Pin MiniDIP or SO8 Package
DescriptionThe LT1173 is a versatile micropower DC-DC converter. The device requires only three external components to deliver a fixed output of 5V or 12V. Supply voltage ranges from 2.0V to 12V in step-up mode and to 30V in step-down mode. The LT1173 functions equally well in step-up, step-down or inverting applications.
The LT1173 consumes just 110µA supply current at standby, making it ideal for applications where low quiescent current is important. The device can deliver 5V at 80mA from a 3V input in step-up mode or 5V at 200mA from a 12V input in step-down mode.
Switch current limit can be programmed with a single resistor. An auxiliary gain block can be configured as a low battery detector, linear post regulator, under voltage lock-out circuit or error amplifier.
For input sources of less than 2V, use the LT1073.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
Click here to view our complete list of demo boards
- Flash Memory Vpp Generators
- 3V to 5V, 5V to 12V Converters
- 9V to 5V, 12V to 5V Converters
- LCD Bias Generators
- Peripherals and Add-On Cards
- Battery Backup Supplies
- Laptop and Palmtop Computers
- Cellular Telephones
- Portable Instruments
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT1073 - Micropower DC-DC Converter Adjustable and Fixed 5V, 12V
- LT3652 - Power Tracking 2A Battery Charger for Solar Power
- LTC3105 - 400mA Step-Up DC/DC Converter with Maximum Power Point Control and 250mV Start-Up
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
- LT1302 - Micropower High Output Current Step-Up Adjustable and Fixed 5V DC/DC Converters
- LT3083 - Adjustable 3A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LTC4000 - High Voltage High Current Controller for Battery Charging and Power Management
- LT1086 - 1.5A Low Dropout Positive Regulators Adjustable and Fixed 2.85V, 3.3V, 3.6V, 5V, 12V
- LTC3108 - Ultralow Voltage Step-Up Converter and Power Manager
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice: