LT1170 - 100kHz, 5A, 2.5A and 1.25A High Efficiency Switching Regulators
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 3V to 60V
- Low Quiescent Current: 6mA
- Internal 5A Switch
(2.5A for LT1171, 1.25A for LT1172)
- Shutdown Mode Draws Only 50μA Supply Current
- Very Few External Parts Required
- Self-Protected Against Overloads
- Operates in Nearly All Switching Topologies
- Flyback-Regulated Mode Has Fully Floating Outputs
- Comes in Standard 5-Pin Packages
- LT1172 Available in 8-Pin MiniDIP and Surface Mount Packages
- Can Be Externally Synchronized
The LT1170/LT1171/LT1172 are monolithic high power switching regulators. They can be operated in all standard switching configurations including buck, boost, flyback, forward, inverting and “Cuk.” A high current, high efficiency switch is included on the die along with all oscillator, control and protection circuitry. Integration of all functions allows the LT1170/LT1171/LT1172 to be built in a standard 5-pin TO-3 or TO-220 power package as well as the 8-pin packages (LT1172). This makes them extremely easy to use and provides “bust proof” operation similar to that obtained with 3-pin linear regulators.
The LT1170/LT1171/LT1172 operate with supply voltages from 3V to 60V, and draw only 6mA quiescent current. They can deliver load power up to 100W with no external power devices. By utilizing current-mode switching techniques, they provide excellent AC and DC load and line regulation.
The LT1170/LT1171/LT1172 have many unique features not found even on the vastly more difficult to use low power control chips presently available. They use adaptive antisat switch drive to allow very wide ranging load currents with no loss in efficiency. An externally activated shutdown mode reduces total supply current to 50μA typically for standby operation.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
|LT1170CT#06PBF||TO-220||T||C||05-08-1421 (Flow 06)||RoHS|
|LT1170HVCT#06||TO-220||T||C||05-08-1421 (Flow 06)||RoHS|
|LT1170HVCT#06PBF||TO-220||T||C||05-08-1421 (Flow 06)||RoHS|
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
Click here to view our complete list of demo boards
- Logic Supply 5V at 10A
- 5V Logic to ±15V Op Amp Supply
- Battery Upconverter
- Power Inverter (+ to –) or (– to +)
- Fully Floating Multiple Outputs
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT1370 - 500kHz High Efficiency 6A Switching Regulator
- LT1171 - 100kHz, 5A, 2.5A and 1.25A High Efficiency Switching Regulators
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT3757 - Boost, Flyback, SEPIC and Inverting Controller
- LT1172 - 100kHz, 5A, 2.5A and 1.25A High Efficiency Switching Regulators
- LT3758 - High Input Voltage, Boost, Flyback, SEPIC and Inverting Controller
- LTC1871 - Wide Input Range, No RSENSE Current Mode Boost, Flyback and SEPIC Controller
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LT1074 - Step-Down Switching Regulator
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice IV
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice IV: