LT1167 - Single Resistor Gain Programmable, Precision Instrumentation Amplifier
- Single Gain Set Resistor: G = 1 to 10,000
- Gain Error: G = 10, 0.08% Max
- Input Offset Voltage Drift: 0.3µV/°C Max
- Meets IEC 1000-4-2 Level 4 ESD Tests with Two External 5k Resistors
- Gain Nonlinearity: G = 10, 10ppm Max
- Input Offset Voltage: G = 10, 60µV Max
- Input Bias Current: 350pA Max
- PSRR at G = 1: 105dB Min
- CMRR at G = 1: 90dB Min
- Supply Current: 1.3mA Max
- Wide Supply Range: ±2.3V to ±18V
- 1kHz Voltage Noise: 7.5nV/√Hz
- 0.1Hz to 10Hz Noise: 0.28µVP-P
- Available in 8-Pin PDIP and SO Packages
The LT1167 is a low power, precision instrumentation amplifier that requires only one external resistor to set gains of 1 to 10,000. The low voltage noise of 7.5nV/√Hz (at 1kHz) is not compromised by low power dissipation (0.9mA typical for ± 2.3V to ±15V supplies).
The part’s high accuracy (10ppm maximum nonlinearity, 0.08% max gain error (G = 10)) is not degraded even for load resistors as low as 2k. The LT1167 is laser trimmed for very low input offset voltage (40μV max), drift (0.3μV/°C), high CMRR (90dB, G = 1) and PSRR (105dB, G = 1). Low input bias currents of 350pA max are achieved with the use of superbeta processing. The output can handle capacitive loads up to 1000pF in any gain configuration while the inputs are ESD protected up to 13kV (human body). The LT1167 with two external 5k resistors passes the IEC 1000-4-2 level 4 specification.
The LT1167, offered in 8-pin PDIP and SO packages, requires significantly less PC board area than discrete multi op amp and resistor designs.
The LT1167-1 offers the same performance as the LT1167, but its input current characteristic at high common mode voltage better supports applications with high input impedance (see the Applications Information section).
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
Click here to view our complete list of demo boards
- Bridge Amplifiers
- Strain Gauge Amplifiers
- Thermocouple Amplifiers
- Differential to Single-Ended Converters
- Medical Instrumentation
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC2053 - Precision, Rail-to-Rail, Zero-Drift, Resistor-Programmable Instrumentation Amplifier
- LTC1100 - Precision, Zero-Drift Instrumentation Amplifier
- LT5400 - Quad Matched Resistor Network
- LT1168 - Low Power, Single Resistor Gain Programmable, Precision Instrumentation Amplifier
- LTC6915 - Zero Drift, Precision Instrumentation Amplifier with Digitally Programmable Gain
- LT1028 - Ultra Low Noise Precision High Speed Op Amps
- LT1920 - Single Resistor Gain Programmable, Precision Instrumentation Amplifier
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LTC6655 - 0.25ppm Noise, Low Drift Precision References
- LT1789 - Micropower, Single Supply Rail-to-Rail Output Instrumentation Amplifier
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.