LT1161 - Quad Protected High-Side MOSFET Driver
- 8V to 48V Power Supply Range
- Protected from -15V to 60V Supply Transients
- Fully Enhances N-Channel MOSFET Switches
- Individual Short-Circuit Protection
- Individual Automatic Restart Timers
- Programmable Current Limit, Delay Time, and Auto-Restart Period
- Voltage-Limited Gate Drive
- Defaults to OFF State with Open Input
- Flowthrough Input to Output Pinout
- Available in 20-Lead DIP or SOL Package
DescriptionThe LT1161 is a quad high-side gate driver allowing the use of low cost N-channel power MOSFETs for high-side switching applications. It has four independent switch channels, each containing a completely self-contained charge pump to fully enhance an N-channel MOSFET switch with no external components.
Also included in each switch channel is a drain sense comparator that is used to sense switch current. When preset current level is exceeded, the switch is turned off. The switch remains off for a period of time set by an external timing capacitor and then automatically attempts to restart. If the fault is still present, this cycle repeats until the fault is removed, thus protecting the MOSFET.
The LT1161 has been specifically designed for harsh operating environments such as industrial, avionics, and automotive applications where poor supply regulation and/or transients may be present. The device will not sustain damage from supply voltages of ?15V to 60V.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
Click here to view our complete list of demo boards
- Industrial Control
- Avionics Systems
- Automotive Switches
- Stepper Motor and DC Motor Control
- Electronic Circuit Breaker
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT1910 - Protected High Side MOSFET Driver
- LTC4440 - High Speed, High Voltage High Side Gate Driver
- LTC4449 - High Speed Synchronous N-Channel MOSFET Driver
- LTC4440-5 - High Speed, High Voltage, High Side Gate Driver
- LTC4364 - Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode
- LTC1154 - High-Side Micropower MOSFET Driver
- LTC4441 - N-Channel MOSFET Gate Driver
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice: