LT1160 - Half-/Full-Bridge N-Channel Power MOSFET Drivers
- Floating Top Driver Switches Up to 60V
- Drives Gate of Top N-Channel MOSFET above Load HV Supply
- 180ns Transition Times Driving 10,000pF
- Adaptive Nonoverlapping Gate Drives Prevent Shoot-Through
- Top Drive Protection at High Duty Cycles
- TTL/CMOS Input Levels
- Undervoltage Lockout with Hysteresis
- Operates at Supply Voltages from 10V to 15V
- Separate Top and Bottom Drive Pins
The LT1160/LT1162 are cost effective half-/full-bridge N-channel power MOSFET drivers. The floating driver can drive the topside N-channel power MOSFETs operating off a high voltage (HV) rail of up to 60V.
The internal logic prevents the inputs from turning on the power MOSFETs in a half-bridge at the same time. Its unique adaptive protection against shoot-through currents eliminates all matching requirements for the two MOSFETs. This greatly eases the design of high efficiency motor control and switching regulator systems.
During low supply or start-up conditions, the undervoltage lockout actively pulls the driver outputs low to prevent the power MOSFETs from being partially turned on. The 0.5V hysteresis allows reliable operation even with slowly varying supplies.
The LT1162 is a dual version of the LT1160 and is available in a 24-pin PDIP or in a 24-pin SO Wide package.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
Click here to view our complete list of demo boards
- PWM of High Current Inductive Loads
- Half-Bridge and Full-Bridge Motor Control
- Synchronous Step-Down Switching Regulators
- 3-Phase Brushless Motor Drive
- High Current Transducer Drivers
- Class D Power Amplifiers
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT1162 - Half-/Full-Bridge N-Channel Power MOSFET Drivers
- LT1158 - Half Bridge N-Channel Power MOSFET Driver
- LT1336 - Half-Bridge N-Channel Power MOSFET Driver with Boost Regulator
- LTC4441 - N-Channel MOSFET Gate Driver
- LTC4449 - High Speed Synchronous N-Channel MOSFET Driver
- LTC4446 - High Voltage High Side / Low Side N-Channel MOSFET Driver
- LTC4440 - High Speed, High Voltage High Side Gate Driver
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LT1910 - Protected High Side MOSFET Driver
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice: