LT1158 - Half Bridge N-Channel Power MOSFET Driver
- Drives Gate of Top Side MOSFET Above V +
- Operates at Supply Voltages from 5V to 30V
- 150ns Transition Times Driving 3000pF
- Over 500mA Peak Driver Current
- Adaptive Non-Overlap Gate Drives
- Continuous Current Limit Protection
- Auto Shutdown and Retry Capability
- Internal Charge Pump for DC Operation
- Built-In Gate Voltage Protection
- Compatible with Current-Sensing MOSFETs
- TTL/CMOS Input Levels
- Fault Output Indication
A single input pin on the LT1158 synchronously controls two N-channel power MOSFETs in a totem pole configuration. Unique adaptive protection against shoot-through currents eliminates all matching requirements for the two MOSFETs. This greatly eases the design of high efficiency motor control and switching regulator systems.
A continuous current limit loop in the LT1158 regulates short-circuit current in the top power MOSFET. Higher start-up currents are allowed as long as the MOSFET VDS does not exceed 1.2V. By returning the fault output to the enable input, the LT1158 will automatically shut down in the event of a fault and retry when an internal pull-up current has recharged the enable capacitor.
An on-chip charge pump is switched in when needed to turn on the top N-channel MOSFET continuously. Special circuitry ensures that the top side gate drive is safely maintained in the transition between PWM and DC opera-tion. The gate-to-source voltages are internally limited to 14.5V when operating at higher supply voltages.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
Click here to view our complete list of demo boards
- PWM of High Current Inductive Loads
- Half Bridge and Full Bridge Motor Control
- Synchronous Step-Down Switching Regulators
- Three-Phase Brushless Motor Drive
- High Current Transducer Drivers
- Battery-Operated Logic-Level MOSFETs
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT1162 - Half-/Full-Bridge N-Channel Power MOSFET Drivers
- LT1336 - Half-Bridge N-Channel Power MOSFET Driver with Boost Regulator
- LT1160 - Half-/Full-Bridge N-Channel Power MOSFET Drivers
- LTC4449 - High Speed Synchronous N-Channel MOSFET Driver
- LTC4441 - N-Channel MOSFET Gate Driver
- LTC4446 - High Voltage High Side / Low Side N-Channel MOSFET Driver
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LTC6992 - TimerBlox: Voltage-Controlled Pulse Width Modulator (PWM)
- LTC4440 - High Speed, High Voltage High Side Gate Driver
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice IV
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice IV: