LT1117 - 800mA Low Dropout Positive Regulators Adjustable and Fixed 2.85V,3.3V, 5V
- Space Saving SOT-223 Surface Mount Package
- 3-Terminal Adjustable or Fixed 2.85V, 3.3V, 5V
- Output Current of 800mA
- Operates Down to 1V Dropout
- Guaranteed Dropout Voltage at Multiple Current Levels
- 0.2% Line Regulation Max
- 0.4% Load Regulation Max
AEC-Q100 data available for specific packages
The LT1117 is a positive low dropout regulator designed to provide up to 800mA of output current. The device is available in an adjustable version and fixed output voltages of 2.85V, 3.3V and 5V. The 2.85V version is designed specifically to be used in Active Terminators for the SCSI bus. All internal circuitry is designed to operate down to 1V input to output differential. Dropout voltage is guaranteed at a maximum of 1.2V at 800mA, decreasing at lower load currents. On chip trimming adjusts the reference/output voltage to within ± 1%. Current limit is also trimmed in order to minimize the stress on both the regulator and the power source circuitry under overload conditions.
The low profile surface mount SOT-223 package allows the device to be used in applications where space is limited. The LT1117 requires a minimum of 10μF of output capacitance for stability. Output capacitors of this size or larger are normally included in most regulator designs.
Unlike PNP type regulators where up to 10% of the output current is wasted as quiescent current, the quiescent current of the LT1117 flows into the load, increasing efficiency.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricingsales office or authorized distributor.
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
Click here to view our complete list of demo boards
Designed for Automotive and Transportation ApplicationsAEC-Q100 data is available for these specific part numbers. Please contact your local sales representative for more information regarding reliability reports or to inquire about parts that are not included. For more information, view our Automotive and Transportation page
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
- Active SCSI Terminators
- High Efficiency Linear Regulators
- Post Regulators for Switching Supplies
- Battery Chargers
- 5V to 3.3V Linear Regulators
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT1963A Series - 1.5A, Low Noise, Fast Transient Response LDO Regulators
- LT1086 - 1.5A Low Dropout Positive Regulators Adjustable and Fixed 2.85V, 3.3V, 3.6V, 5V, 12V
- LT1129 - Micropower Low Dropout Regulators with Shutdown
- LT1761 - 100mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators in TSOT-23
- LT1965 - 1.1A, Low Noise, Low Dropout Linear Regulator
- LT3015 - 1.5A, Low Noise, Negative Linear Regulator with Precision Current Limit
- LT3083 - Adjustable 3A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT3081 - 1.5A Single Resistor Rugged Linear Regulator with Monitors
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice: