LT1116 - 12ns, Single Supply Ground-Sensing Comparator
- Ultra Fast (12ns Typ)
- Operates off Single 5V Supply or ±5V
- Input Common Mode Extends to Negative Supply
- No Minimum Input Slew Rate Requirement
- Complementary TTL Output
- Inputs Can Exceed the Positive Supply Up to 15V without Damaging the Comparator
- Low Offset Voltage
- Pin-Compatible with LT1016
- Output Latch Capability
- Available in 8-Lead PDIP and SO Packages
The LT1116 is an ultra fast (12ns) comparator designed for sensing signals near the negative supply. The input common mode range extends from 2.5V below the positive supply down to the negative supply rail. Like the LT1016, this comparator is specifically designed to interface directly to TTL logic with complementary outputs. The comparator may operate from either a single 5V supply or dual ±5V supplies. Tight offset voltage specifications and high gain allow the LT1116 to be used in precision applications.
The LT1116 is designed for improved speed and stability for a wide range of operating conditions. The output stage provides active drive in both directions for maximum speed into TTL logic or passive loads, yet it has minimal cross-conduction current. Unlike other fast comparators, the LT1116 remains stable even for slow transitions through the active region, which eliminates the need to specify a minimum input slew rate.
The LT1116 has an internal, TTL compatible latch for retaining data at the outputs. The latch holds data as long as the latch pin is held high. Device parameters such as gain, offset, and negative power supply current are not significantly affected by variations in negative supply voltage.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
Click here to view our complete list of demo boards
- High Speed A/D Converters
- Zero Crossing Detectors
- Current Sense for Switching Regulators
- Extended Range V to F Converters
- Fast Pulse Height/Width Discriminators
- High Speed Triggers
- Line Receivers
- High Speed Sampling Circuits
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT1016 - Ultra Fast Precision 10ns Comparator
- LT1011/LT1011A - Voltage Comparator
- LT1028 - Ultra Low Noise Precision High Speed Op Amps
- LT1394 - 7ns, Low Power, Single Supply, Ground-Sensing Comparator
- LT1719 - 4.5ns Single/Dual Supply 3V/5V Comparator with Rail-to-Rail Output
- LT5400 - Quad Matched Resistor Network
- LT1711 - 4.5ns Rail-to-Rail Comparator
- LT1715 - 4ns, 150MHz Dual Comparator with Independent Input/Output Supplies
- LTC6992 - TimerBlox: Voltage-Controlled Pulse Width Modulator (PWM)
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice: