LT1088 - Wideband RMS-DC Converter Building Block
- Obsolete - Datasheet For Reference Only. Contact LTC For Potential Replacement
- 300MHz 3dB Bandwidth
- 1% Accuracy DC-50MHz
- 2% to 100MHz
- Bandwidth Flat Over Input Voltage Range
- 50:1 Crest Factor
- 20:1 Dynamic Range
- 35V Peak Input
- Thermally Based Operation
- Fully Specified Thermal and Electrical Parameters
- Standard IC Packages
- Resistive Inputs
The LT1088 is a thermally based RMS-DC converter building block. It converts the input waveform to heat. Usiing external circuitry, the thermal signal is expressed as a DC output voltage.
LTC's proprietary thermal packaging process permits accurate thermal signal processing in a standard IC package. The thermal method provides far greater bandwidth than RMS converters based on logarithmic computing techniques. The LT1088's high voltage breakdown allows crest factor measurements of 50:1 and operation over a 20:1 input dynamic range. Resistive inputs of 50 ohm or 250 ohm accommodate drive from a wide variety of sources.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
Click here to view our complete list of demo boards
- Wideband RMS Voltmeters
- RF Leveling Loops
- Wideband AGC
- High Crest Factor Measurements
- SCR Power Monitoring
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC1968 - Precision Wide Bandwidth, RMS-to-DC Converter
- LT5400 - Quad Matched Resistor Network
- LTC1966 - Precision Micropower, Delta Sigma RMS-to-DC Converter
- LTC1967 - Precision Extended Bandwidth, RMS-to-DC Converter
- LT1028 - Ultra Low Noise Precision High Speed Op Amps
- LTC6655 - 0.25ppm Noise, Low Drift Precision References
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LTZ1000 - Ultra Precision Reference
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
- LTC2440 - 24-Bit High Speed Differential Delta Sigma ADC with Selectable Speed/Resolution
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
Linear Technology provides a variety of custom design simulation tools and device models to allow even novice designers to quickly and easily evaluate circuits using high performance switching regulators, amplifiers, data converters, filters and more. Please visit our Design Tools page to view and download: