LT1086 - 1.5A Low Dropout Positive Regulators Adjustable and Fixed 2.85V, 3.3V, 3.6V, 5V, 12V
- 3-Terminal Adjustable or Fixed 2.85V, 3.3V, 3.6V, 5V, 12V
- Output Current of 1.5A, (0.5A for LT1086H)
- Operates Down to 1V Dropout
- Guaranteed Dropout Voltage at Multiple Current Levels
- Line Regulation: 0.015%
- Load Regulation: 0.1%
- 100% Thermal Limit Functional Test
- Ripple Rejection >75dB
- Available in 3-Pin TO-220 and 3-Pin DD Package
The LT1086 is designed to provide up to 1.5A output current. All internal circuitry is designed to operate down to 1V input-to-output differential and the dropout voltage is fully specified as a function of load current. Dropout is guaranteed at several operating points up to a maximum of 1.5V at maximum output current. Dropout decreases at lower load currents. On-chip trimming adjusts the reference/ouput voltage to 1%. Current limit is also trimmed,minimizing the stress on both the regulator and powersource circuitry under overload conditions.
The LT1086 is pin compatible with older 3-terminal adjustableregulators. A minimum 10uF output capacitor isrequired on these devices.
The LT1086 offers excellent line and load regulation specifications and ripple rejection exceeds 75dB even at the maximum load current of 1.5A. The LT1086 is floating architecture with a composite NPN output stage. All of the quiescent current and the drive current for the output stage flows to the load increasing efficiency.
The LT1086 is available in a 3-pin TO-220 package and a space-saving surface mountable 3-pin DD package.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
Click here to view our complete list of demo boards
- SCSI-2 Active Terminator
- High Efficiency Linear Regulators
- Post Regulators for Switching Supplies
- Constant Current Regulators
- Battery Chargers
- Microprocessor Supply
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT1963A Series - 1.5A, Low Noise, Fast Transient Response LDO Regulators
- LT3015 - 1.5A, Low Noise, Negative Linear Regulator with Precision Current Limit
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
- LT1085-Fixed - 3A, 5A, 7.5A Low Dropout Positive Fixed Regulators
- LT1965 - 1.1A, Low Noise, Low Dropout Linear Regulator
- LT1085 - 7.5A, 5A, 3A Low Dropout Positive Adjustable Regulators
- LT3083 - Adjustable 3A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT3081 - 1.5A Single Resistor Rugged Linear Regulator with Monitors
- LT1117 - 800mA Low Dropout Positive Regulators Adjustable and Fixed 2.85V,3.3V, 5V
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice IV
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice IV: