LT1085 - 7.5A, 5A, 3A Low Dropout Positive Adjustable Regulators
- 3-Terminal Adjustable
- Output Current of 3A, 5A or 7.5A
- Operates Down to 1V Dropout
- Guaranteed Dropout Voltage at Multiple Current Levels
- Line Regulation: 0.015%
- Load Regulation: 0.1%
- 100% Thermal Limit Functional Test
- Fixed Versions Available
- Available in 3-Lead Plastic TO-220, TO-3P and DD Packages
DescriptionThe LT1083 series of positive adjustable regulators are designed to provide 7.5A, 5A and 3A with higher efficiency than currently available devices. All internal circuitry is designed to operate down to 1V input-to-output differential and the dropout voltage is fully specified as a function of load current. Dropout is guaranteed at a maximum of 1.5V at maximum output current, decreasing at lower load currents. On-chip trimming adjusts the reference voltage to 1%. Current limit is also trimmed, minimizing the stress on both the regulator and power source circuitry under overload conditions.
The LT1083/LT1084/LT1085 devices are pin compatible with older 3-terminal regulators. A 10μF output capacitor is required on these new devices. However, this is included in most regulator designs.
Unlike PNP regulators, where up to 10% of the output current is wasted as quiescent current, the LT1083 quiescent current flows into the load, increasing efficiency.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
Click here to view our complete list of demo boards
- High Efficiency Linear Regulators
- Post Regulators for Switching Supplies
- Constant Current Regulators
- Battery Chargers
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT1083 - 7.5A, 5A, 3A Low Dropout Positive Adjustable Regulators
- LT1084 - 7.5A, 5A, 3A Low Dropout Positive Adjustable Regulators
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT3083 - Adjustable 3A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT1085-Fixed - 3A, 5A, 7.5A Low Dropout Positive Fixed Regulators
- LT1086 - 1.5A Low Dropout Positive Regulators Adjustable and Fixed 2.85V, 3.3V, 3.6V, 5V, 12V
- LT3015 - 1.5A, Low Noise, Negative Linear Regulator with Precision Current Limit
- LT1185 - Low Dropout Regulator
- LT3080-1 - Parallelable 1.1A Adjustable Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT1083-Fixed - 3A, 5A, 7.5A Low Dropout Positive Fixed Regulators
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice IV
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As". After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice IV: