LT1078 - Micropower, Dual, Single Supply, Precision Op Amps
- Available in 8-Pin SO Package
- 50µA Max Supply Current per Amplifier
- 70µV Max Offset Voltage
- 180µA Max Offset Voltage in 8-Pin SO
- 250pA Max Offset Current
- 0.6µVP-P, 0.1Hz to 10Hz Voltage Noise
- 3pAP-P, 0.1Hz to 10Hz Current Noise
- 0.4µV/°C Offset Voltage Drift
- 200kHz Gain Bandwidth Product
- 0.07V/µs Slew Rate
- Single Supply Operation
Input Voltage Range Includes Ground
Output Swings to Ground while Sinking Current
- Output Sources and Sinks 5mA Load Current
The LT®1078 is a micropower dual op amp in 8-pin packages including the small outline surface mount package. The LT1079 is a micropower quad op amp offered in the standard 14-pin packages. Both devices are optimized for single supply operation at 5V. ±15V specifications are also provided.
Micropower performance of competing devices is achieved at the expense of seriously degrading precision, noise, speed and output drive specifications. The design effort of the LT1078/LT1079 was concentrated on reducing supply current without sacrificing other parameters. The offset voltage achieved is the lowest on any dual or quad nonchopper stabilized op amp—micropower or otherwise. Offset current, voltage and current noise, slew rate and gain bandwidth product are all two to ten times better than on previous micropower op amps.
The 1/f corner of the voltage noise spectrum is at 0.7Hz, at least three times lower than on any monolithic op amp. This results in low frequency (0.1Hz to 10Hz) noise performance which can only be found on devices with an order of magnitude higher supply current.
Both the LT1078 and LT1079 can be operated from a single supply (as low as one lithium cell or two Ni-Cad batteries). The input range goes below ground. The all-NPN output stage swings to within a few millivolts of ground while sinking current—no power consuming pull down resistors are needed.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
Click here to view our complete list of demo boards
- Battery or Solar-Powered Systems
Remote Sensor Amplifier
- Micropower Sample-and-Hold
- Thermocouple Amplifier
- Micropower Filters
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT1028 - Ultra Low Noise Precision High Speed Op Amps
- LT1013 - Dual Precision Op Amp
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT5400 - Quad Matched Resistor Network
- LT1006 - Precision, Single Supply Op Amp
- LT1001 - Precision Operational Amplifier
- LTC6655 - 0.25ppm Noise, Low Drift Precision References
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LT1115 - Ultra-Low Noise, Low Distortion, Audio Op Amp
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice: