LT1076 - Step-Down Switching Regulator
- 5A Onboard Switch (LT1074)
- Operates Up to 60V Input
- 100kHz Switching Frequency
- Greatly Improved Dynamic Behavior
- Available in Low Cost 5 and 7-Lead Packages
- Only 8.5mA Quiescent Current
- Programmable Current Limit
- Micropower Shutdown Mode
The LT1074 is a 5A (LT1076 is rated at 2A) monolithic bipolar switching regulator which requires only a few external parts for normal operation. The power switch, all oscillator and control circuitry, and all current limit components,are included on the chip. The topology is a classic positive “buck” configuration but several design innovations allow this device to be used as a positive-to-negative converter, a negative boost converter, and as a flyback converter. The switch output is specified to swing 40V below ground, allowing the LT1074 to drive a tapped-inductor in the buck mode with output currents up to 10A.
The LT1074 uses a true analog multiplier in the feedback loop. This makes the device respond nearly instantaneously to input voltage fluctuations and makes loop gain independent of input voltage. As a result, dynamic behavior of the regulator is significantly improved over previous designs.
On-chip pulse by pulse current limiting makes the LT1074 nearly bust-proof for output overloads or shorts. The input voltage range as a buck converter is 8V to 60V, but a self-boot feature allows input voltages as low as 5V in the inverting and boost configurations.
The LT1074 is available in lowcost TO-220 or DD packages with frequency pre-set at 100kHz and current limit at 6.5A (LT1076 =2.6A). A 7-pin TO-220 package is also available which allows current limit to be adjusted down to zero. In addition, full micropower shutdown can be programmed. See Application Note 44 for design details.
A fixed 5V output, 2A version is also available. See LT1076-5.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
DD-5, DD-7, T5, T7
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
Click here to view our complete list of demo boards
- Buck Converter with Output Voltage Range of 2.5V to 50V
- Tapped-Inductor Buck Converter with 10A Output at 5V
- Positive-to-Negative Converter
- Negative Boost Converter
- Multiple Output Buck Converter
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT1074 - Step-Down Switching Regulator
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LTC1624 - High Efficiency SO-8 N-Channel Switching Regulator Controller
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LT3758 - High Input Voltage, Boost, Flyback, SEPIC and Inverting Controller
- LT8610 - 42V, 2.5A Synchronous Step-Down Regulator with 2.5μA Quiescent Current
- LT1170 - 100kHz, 5A, 2.5A and 1.25A High Efficiency Switching Regulators
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice IV
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice IV: