LT1073 - Micropower DC-DC Converter Adjustable and Fixed 5V, 12V
- No Design Required
- Operates at Supply Voltages From 1.0V to 30V
- Consumes Only 95µA Supply Current
- Works in Step-Up or Step-Down Mode
- Only Three External Off-the-Shelf Components Required
- Low-Battery Detector Comparator On-Chip
- User-Adjustable Current Limit
- Internal 1A Power Switch
- Fixed or Adjustable Output Voltage Versions
- Space-Saving 8-Pin MiniDIP or SO8 Package
DescriptionThe LT1073 is a versatile micropower DC/DC converter. The device requires only three external components to deliver a fixed output of 5V or 12V. The very low minimum supply voltage of 1V allows the use of the LT1073 in applications where the primary power source is a single cell. An on-chip auxiliary gain block can function as a low-battery detector or linear post-regulator.
Average current drain of the LT1073-5 used as shown in the Typical Application circuit below is just 135µA unloaded, making it ideal for applications where long battery life is important. The circuit shown can deliver 5V at 40mA from an input as low as 1.25V and 5V at 10mA from a 1V input.
The device can easily be configured as a step-up or step-down converter, although for most step-down applications or input sources greater than 3V, the LT1173 is recommended. Switch current limiting is user-adjustable by adding a single external resistor. Unique reverse-battery protection circuitry limits reverse current to safe, nondestructive levels at reverse supply voltages up to 1.6V.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
Click here to view our complete list of demo boards
- Single-Cell to 5V Converters
- Battery Backup Supplies
- Laptop and Palmtop Computers
- Cellular Telephones
- Portable Instruments
- 4mA-20mA Loop Powered Instruments
- Hand-Held Inventory Computers
- Battery-Powered Alpha, Beta and Gamma Particle Detectors
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT1302 - Micropower High Output Current Step-Up Adjustable and Fixed 5V DC/DC Converters
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LTC3108 - Ultralow Voltage Step-Up Converter and Power Manager
- LT3652 - Power Tracking 2A Battery Charger for Solar Power
- LTC3105 - 400mA Step-Up DC/DC Converter with Maximum Power Point Control and 250mV Start-Up
- LT1083 - 7.5A, 5A, 3A Low Dropout Positive Adjustable Regulators
- LT1308A and B - Single Cell High Current Micropower 600kHz Boost DC/DC Converter
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LT1512 - SEPIC Constant-Current/Constant-Voltage Battery Charger
- LT5400 - Quad Matched Resistor Network
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.