LT1072 - 1.25A High Efficiency Switching Regulator
- Available in MiniDIP, TO-220, and TO-3 Packages
- Wide Input Voltage Range 3V-60V
- Low Quiescent Current-6mA
- Internal 1.25A Switch
- Very Few External Parts Required
- Self-Protected Against Overloads
- Operates in Nearly All Switching Topologies
- Shutdown Mode Draws Only 50µA Supply Current
- Flyback-Regulated Mode has Fully Floating Outputs
- Can be Externally Synchronized
The LT1072 is a monolithic high power switching regulator. It can be operated in all standard switching configurations including buck, boost, flyback, forward, inverting and “Cuk”. A high current, high efficiency switch is included on the die along with all oscillator, control, and protection circuitry. Integration of all functions allows the LT1072 to be built in a standard 5-pin TO-3 or TO-220 power package as well as the 8-pin miniDlP. This makes it extremely easy to use and provides "bustproof" operation similar to that obtained with 3-pin linear regulators.
The LT1072 operates with supply voltages from 3V to 60V, and draws only 6mA quiescent current. It can deliver load power up to 20 watts with no external power devices. By utilizing current-mode switching techniques, it provides excellent AC and DC load and line regulation.
The LT1072 has many unique features not found even on the vastly more difficult to use low power control chips presently available. It uses an adaptive anti-sat switch drive to allow very wide ranging load currents with no loss in efficiency. An externally activated shutdown mode reduces total supply current to 50µA typical for standby operation. Totally isolated and regulated outputs can be generated by using the optional “flyback regulation mode” built into the LT1072, without the need for optocouplers or extra transformer windings.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
|LT1072CT#06PBF||TO-220||T||C||05-08-1421 (Flow 06)||Yes|
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
Click here to view our complete list of demo boards
- Logic Supply 5V @ 2.5A
- 5V Logic to ±15V Op Amp Supply
- Offline Converter up to 50W
- Battery Upconverter
- Power Inverter (+ to -) or (- to +)
- Fully Floating Multiple Outputs
- Driver for High Current Supplies
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT1074 - Step-Down Switching Regulator
- LT1172 - 100kHz, 5A, 2.5A and 1.25A High Efficiency Switching Regulators
- LT1170 - 100kHz, 5A, 2.5A and 1.25A High Efficiency Switching Regulators
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
- LT3652 - Power Tracking 2A Battery Charger for Solar Power
- LTC6992 - TimerBlox: Voltage-Controlled Pulse Width Modulator (PWM)
- LT3083 - Adjustable 3A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT1076 - Step-Down Switching Regulator
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice: