LT1054 - Switched-Capacitor Voltage Converter with Regulator
- Output Current: 100mA (LT1054)
- Reference and Error Amplifier for Regulation
- Low Loss: 1.1V at 100mA
- Operating Range:
3.5V to 15V (LT1054)
3.5V to 7V (LT1054L)
- External Shutdown
- External Oscillator Synchronization
- Can Be Paralleled
- Pin Compatible with the LTC®1044/ICL7660
- Available in SW16 and SO-8 Packages
The LT®1054 is a monolithic, bipolar, switched-capacitor voltage converter and regulator. The LT1054 provides higher output current than previously available converters with significantly lower voltage losses. An adaptive switch driver scheme optimizes efficiency over a wide range of output currents. Total voltage loss at 100mA output current is typically 1.1V. This holds true over the full supply voltage range of 3.5V to 15V. Quiescent current is typically 2.5mA.
The LT1054 also provides regulation, a feature not previously available in switched-capacitor voltage converters. By adding an external resistive divider a regulated output can be obtained. This output will be regulated against changes in both input voltage and output current. The LT1054 can also be shut down by grounding the feedback pin. Supply current in shutdown is less than 100μA.
The internal oscillator of the LT1054 runs at a nominal frequency of 25kHz. The oscillator pin can be used to adjust the switching frequency or to externally synchronize the LT1054.
The LT1054 is pin compatible with previous converters such the LTC1044/LTC7660.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
Click here to view our complete list of demo boards
- Voltage Inverter
- Voltage Regulator
- Negative Voltage Doubler
- Positive Voltage Doubler
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC3260 - Low Noise Dual Supply Inverting Charge Pump
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LTC3261 - High Voltage, Low Quiescent Current Inverting Charge Pump
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
- LTC1144 - Switched-Capacitor Wide Input Range Voltage Converter with Shutdown
- LTC1983 - 100mA Regulated Charge-Pump Inverters in ThinSOT
- LT1028 - Ultra Low Noise Precision High Speed Op Amps
- LT1761 - 100mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators in TSOT-23
- LT5400 - Quad Matched Resistor Network
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice IV
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice IV: