LT1038 - 10 Amp Positive Adjustable Voltage Regulator
- Obsolete - Data Sheet For Reference Only
- Guaranteed 0.8% Initial Tolerance
- Guaranteed 0.4% Load Regulation
- Guaranteed 10 Amp Output Current
- 100% Thermal Limit Burn-in
- 24 Amp Transient Output Current
- Standard Adjustable Pinout
- Operates to 35V
Obsolete - Data Sheet For Reference Only
The LT1038 is a three terminal regulator which is capable of providing in excess of 10 amps output current over 1.2V to 32V range. The device is packaged in a standard TO-3 power package, and is plug-in compatible with industry standard adjustable regulators, such as the LM117 and LM138. Also, the LT1038 is a functional replacement for the LM396.
In addition to excellent load and line regulations, the LT1038 is fully protected by current limiting, safe area protection and thermal shutdown. New current limiting circuitry allows transient load currents up to 24 amps to be supplied for 500µs without causing the regulator to current limit and drop out of regulation during the transient.
On-chip trimming of initial reference voltage to ±0.8% combined with 0.4% load regulation minimize errors in all high current applications. Further, the LT1038 is manufactured with standard bipolar processing and has Linear Technology's high reliability.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
Click here to view our complete list of demo boards
- System Power Supplies
- High Power Linear Regulator
- Battery Chargers
- Power Driver
- Constant Current Regulator
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT1581 - 10A, Very Low Dropout Regulator
- LT1083 - 7.5A, 5A, 3A Low Dropout Positive Adjustable Regulators
- LT1084 - 7.5A, 5A, 3A Low Dropout Positive Adjustable Regulators
- LT1085 - 7.5A, 5A, 3A Low Dropout Positive Adjustable Regulators
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT1083-Fixed - 3A, 5A, 7.5A Low Dropout Positive Fixed Regulators
- LT3083 - Adjustable 3A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT1086 - 1.5A Low Dropout Positive Regulators Adjustable and Fixed 2.85V, 3.3V, 3.6V, 5V, 12V
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
Linear Technology provides a variety of custom design simulation tools and device models to allow even novice designers to quickly and easily evaluate circuits using high performance switching regulators, amplifiers, data converters, filters and more. Please visit our Design Tools page to view and download: