LT1025 - Micropower Thermocouple Cold Junction Compensator
- 80µA Supply Current
- 4V to 36V Operation
- 0.5°C Initial Accuracy (A Version)
- Compatible with Standard Thermocouples (E, J, K, R, S, T)
- Auxiliary 10mV/°C Output
- Available in 8-Lead PDIP and SO Packages
The LT™1025 is a micropower thermocouple cold junction compensator for use with type E, J, K, R, S, and T thermocouples. It utilizes wafer level and post-package trimming to achieve 0.5°C initial accuracy. Special curvature correction circuitry is used to match the �bow� found in all thermocouples so that accurate cold junction compensation is maintained over a wider temperature range.
The LT1025 will operate with a supply voltage from 4V to 36V. Typical supply current is 80µA, resulting in less than 0.1°C internal temperature rise for supply voltages under 10V. A 10mV/°C output is available at low impedance, in addition to the direct thermocouple voltages of 60.9µV/°C (E), 51.7µV/°C (J), 40.3µV/°C (K, T) and 5.95µV/°C (R, S). All outputs are essentially independent of power supply voltage.
A special kit is available (LTK001) which contains an LT1025 and a custom tailored thermocouple amplifier. The amplifier and compensator are matched to allow a much tighter specification of temperature error than would be obtained by adding the compensator and amplifier errors on a worst-case basis. The amplifier from this kit is available separately as LTKA0x.
The LT1025 is available in either an 8-pin PDIP or 8-pin SO package for temperatures between 0°C and 70°C.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
Click here to view our complete list of demo boards
- Thermocouple Cold Junction Compensator
- Centigrade Thermometer
- Temperature Compensation Network
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTK001 - Thermocouple Cold Junction Compensator and Matched Amplifier
- LT5400 - Quad Matched Resistor Network
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LTC6655 - 0.25ppm Noise, Low Drift Precision References
- LT1028 - Ultra Low Noise Precision High Speed Op Amps
- LTC2983 - Multi-Sensor High Accuracy Digital Temperature Measurement System
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LT3092 - 200mA 2-Terminal Programmable Current Source
- LTC1050 - Precision Zero-Drift Operational Amplifier with Internal Capacitors
- LTC2053 - Precision, Rail-to-Rail, Zero-Drift, Resistor-Programmable Instrumentation Amplifier
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
Linear Technology provides a variety of custom design simulation tools and device models to allow even novice designers to quickly and easily evaluate circuits using high performance switching regulators, amplifiers, data converters, filters and more. Please visit our Design Tools page to view and download:
- LTspice - A powerful SPICE simulator, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for easing the simulation of switching regulators
- LTpowerCAD - A complete power supply selection, synthesis and design tool
- LTpowerPlay - A development environment supporting Linear Technology's Digital Power System Management (PSM) products
- PScope & QuikEval - USB-based product demonstration and data acquisition system for use with our ADCs, DACs, and more
- Linduino - Arduino compatible system for developing and distributing firmware libraries and example code
- LinearLab Tools - A collection of Matlab and Python programs that provide direct access to Linear Technology’s data converter evaluation boards
- And More!