LT1016 - Ultra Fast Precision 10ns Comparator
- UltraFast™ (10ns typ)
- Operates Off Single +5V Supply, or ±5V
- Complementary Output to TTL
- Low Offset Voltage
- No Minimum Input Slew Rate Requirement
- No Power Supply Current Spiking
- Output Latch Capability
The LT®1016 is an UltraFast 10ns comparator that interfaces directly to TTL/CMOS logic while operating off either ±5V or single 5V supplies. Tight offset voltage specifications and high gain allow the LT1016 to be used in precision applications. Matched complementary outputs further extend the versatility of this comparator.
A unique output stage provides active drive in both directions for maximum speed into TTL/CMOS logic or passive loads, yet does not exhibit the large current spikes found in conventional output stages. This allows the LT1016 to remain stable with the outputs in the active region which, greatly reduces the problem of output “glitching” when the input signal is slow moving or is low level.
The LT1016 has a LATCH pin which will retain input data at the outputs, when held high. Quiescent negative power supply current is only 3mA. This allows the negative supply pin to be driven from virtually any supply voltage with a simple resistive divider. Device performance is not affected by variations in negative supply voltage.
Linear Technology offers a wide range of comparators in addition to the LT1016 that address different applications. See the Related Parts section on the back page of the data sheet.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
Click here to view our complete list of demo boards
- High Speed A to D Converters
- High Speed Sampling Circuits
- Line Receiver
- Extended Range V to F Converters
- Fast Pulse Height/Width Discriminators
- Zero-Crossing Detectors
- Current Sense for Switching Regulators
- High Speed Triggers
- Crystal Oscillators
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT1011/LT1011A - Voltage Comparator
- LT1719 - 4.5ns Single/Dual Supply 3V/5V Comparator with Rail-to-Rail Output
- LT1711 - 4.5ns Rail-to-Rail Comparator
- LT1715 - 4ns, 150MHz Dual Comparator with Independent Input/Output Supplies
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT1116 - 12ns, Single Supply Ground-Sensing Comparator
- LT5400 - Quad Matched Resistor Network
- LT1028 - Ultra Low Noise Precision High Speed Op Amps
- LT1394 - 7ns, Low Power, Single Supply, Ground-Sensing Comparator
- LTC6655 - 0.25ppm Noise, Low Drift Precision References
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.