LM399 - Precision Reference
- 6.95V Shunt Reference
- Guaranteed 0.5ppm/°C Temperature Coefﬁ cient
- Guaranteed 1Ω Maximum Dynamic Impedance
- Guaranteed 20µVRMS Maximum Noise
- Guaranteed Initial Tolerance of 2%
- Wide Operating Current Range
- Available in 4-Lead TO-46 Metal Can
The LM199/LM399 precision shunt reference features excellent temperature stability over a wide range of voltage, temperature and operating current conditions. A stabilizing heater is incorporated with the active Zener on a monolithic substrate which nearly eliminates changes in voltage with temperature. The subsurface Zener operates over a current range of 0.5mA to 10mA, and offers minimal noise and excellent long-term stability.
Ideal applications for the LM199/LM399 include digital voltmeters, precision calibration equipment, current sources and a variety of other precision low cost references. A 10V buffered reference application is shown below.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
Click here to view our complete list of demo boards
- Precision voltage reference for multimeters
- Calibration equipment voltage standards
- Laboratory measurement equipment
- Industrial monitor/control instruments
- High accuracy data converters
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTZ1000 - Ultra Precision Reference
- LTC6655 - 0.25ppm Noise, Low Drift Precision References
- LT5400 - Quad Matched Resistor Network
- LTC2440 - 24-Bit High Speed Differential Delta Sigma ADC with Selectable Speed/Resolution
- LT1028 - Ultra Low Noise Precision High Speed Op Amps
- LT1001 - Precision Operational Amplifier
- LTC2400 - 24-Bit µPower No Latency Delta-Sigma ADC in SO-8
- LT1021 - Precision Reference
- LTC2057/LTC2057HV - High Voltage, Low Noise Zero-Drift Operational Amplifier
- LT1236 - Precision Reference
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
Linear Technology provides a variety of custom design simulation tools and device models to allow even novice designers to quickly and easily evaluate circuits using high performance switching regulators, amplifiers, data converters, filters and more. Please visit our Design Tools page to view and download:
- LTspice - A powerful SPICE simulator, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for easing the simulation of switching regulators
- LTpowerCAD - A complete power supply selection, synthesis and design tool
- LTpowerPlay - A development environment supporting Linear Technology's Digital Power System Management (PSM) products
- PScope & QuikEval - USB-based product demonstration and data acquisition system for use with our ADCs, DACs, and more
- Linduino - Arduino compatible system for developing and distributing firmware libraries and example code
- LinearLab Tools - A collection of Matlab and Python programs that provide direct access to Linear Technology’s data converter evaluation boards
- And More!