LM334S - Constant Current Source and Temperature Sensor
- 1mA to 10mA Operation
- 0.02%/V Regulation
- 0.8V to 40V Operating Voltage
- Can be Used as Linear Temperature Sensor
- Draws No Reverse Current
- Supplied in Standard Transistor Packages
DescriptionThe LM134 is a three-terminal current source designed to operate at current levels from 1mA to 10mA, as set by an external resistor. The device operates as a true two terminal current source, requiring no extra power connections or input signals. Regulation is typically 0.02%/V and terminal-to-terminal voltage can range from 800mV to 40V.
Because the operating current is directly proportional to absolute temperature in degrees Kelvin, the device will also find wide applications as a temperature sensor. The temperature dependence of the operating current is 0.336%/°C at room temperature. For example, a device operating at 298mA will have a temperature coefficient of 1mA/°C. The temperature dependence is extremely accurate and repeatable. Devices specified as temperature sensors in the 100mA to 1mA range are the LM134-3, LM234-3 and the LM134-6, LM234-6, with the dash numbers indicating ±3°C and ±6°C accuracies, respectively.
If a zero temperature coefficient current source is required, this is easily achieved by adding a diode and a resistor.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
Click here to view our complete list of demo boards
- Current Mode Temperature Sensing
- Constant Current Source for Shunt References
- Cold Junction Compensation Constant-Gain Bias for Bipolar Differential Stage
- Micropower Bias Networks
- Buffer for Photoconductive Cell
- Current Limiter
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT3092 - 200mA 2-Terminal Programmable Current Source
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT3085 - Adjustable 500mA Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT5400 - Quad Matched Resistor Network
- LT3083 - Adjustable 3A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT3080-1 - Parallelable 1.1A Adjustable Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LTC6655 - 0.25ppm Noise, Low Drift Precision References
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
- LT1028 - Ultra Low Noise Precision High Speed Op Amps
- LT3081 - 1.5A Single Resistor Rugged Linear Regulator with Monitors
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
Linear Technology provides a variety of custom design simulation tools and device models to allow even novice designers to quickly and easily evaluate circuits using high performance switching regulators, amplifiers, data converters, filters and more. Please visit our Design Tools page to view and download: