LM138 - 5A Positive Adjustable Voltage Regulator
- Click Here for Military Performance (JAN Class S) Datasheet - you will be directed to slash sheet at Defense Supply Center Columbus.
- Guaranteed 1% Initial Tolerance
- Guaranteed 0.3% Load Regulation
- Guaranteed 5A Output Current
- 100% Thermal Limit Burn-In
- 12A Transient Output Current
Most H (Metal Can), J (Ceramic), and K (Metal Can) Packages from Linear Technology Are Now Obsolete
The LT138A series of adjustable regulators provide 5A output current over an output voltage range of 1.2V to 32V. The internal voltage reference is trimmed to less than 1%, enabling a very tight output voltage. In addition to excellent line and load regulation, with full overload protection, the LT138A incorporates new current limiting circuitry allowing large transient load currents to be handled for short periods. Transient load currents of up to 12A can be supplied without limiting, eliminating the need for a large output capacitor.
The LT138A is an improved version of the popular LM138 with improved circuit design and advanced process techniques to provide superior performance and reliability.
The graph below shows the significant improvement in output voltage tolerance achieved by using the LT138A or LT338A.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
Click here to view our complete list of demo boards
- High Power Linear Regulator
- Battery Chargers
- Power Driver
- Constant-Current Regulator
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT1083 - 7.5A, 5A, 3A Low Dropout Positive Adjustable Regulators
- LT1085 - 7.5A, 5A, 3A Low Dropout Positive Adjustable Regulators
- LT3083 - Adjustable 3A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT1086 - 1.5A Low Dropout Positive Regulators Adjustable and Fixed 2.85V, 3.3V, 3.6V, 5V, 12V
- LT3081 - 1.5A Single Resistor Rugged Linear Regulator with Monitors
- LT1084 - 7.5A, 5A, 3A Low Dropout Positive Adjustable Regulators
- LTC4000 - High Voltage High Current Controller for Battery Charging and Power Management
- LT1210 - 1.1A, 35MHz Current Feedback Amplifier (CFA)
- LT5400 - Quad Matched Resistor Network
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
Linear Technology provides a variety of custom design simulation tools and device models to allow even novice designers to quickly and easily evaluate circuits using high performance switching regulators, amplifiers, data converters, filters and more. Please visit our Design Tools page to view and download: