LF198 - Precision Sample and Hold Amplifier
- Click Here for Military Performance (JAN Class S) Datasheet - you will be directed to slash sheet at Defense Supply Center Columbus.
- OBSOLETE PRODUCT Data Sheet For Reference Only. Please see the LF398N or LF398S for Alternative Parts.
- Guaranteed 6µs Max. Acquisition Time
- Guaranteed 0.005% Max. Gain Error
- Guaranteed 1mV Max. Offset Voltage
- Guaranteed 1mV Max. Hold Step
- Very Low Feedthrough 86dB Min.
- High Input Impedance under All Conditions
- Logic Inputs Compatible with All Logic Families
DescriptionOBSOLETE PRODUCT Data Sheet For Reference Only. Please see the LF398N or LF398S for Alternative Parts.
The LF198 is a precision sample and hold amplifier which uses a combination of bipolar and junction FET transistors to provide precision, high speed, and long hold times. A typical offset voltage of 1mV and gain error of 0.002% allow this sample and hold amplifier to be used in 12-bit systems. Dynamic performance can be optimized by proper selection of the external hold capacitor. Acquisition times can be as low as 4µs for small capacitors while hold step and droop errors can be held below 0.1mV and 30µV/sec respectively when using larger capacitors. The LF198 is fixed at unity gain with 1010 ohms input impedance independent of sample/hold mode. The logic inputs are high impedance differential to allow easy interfacing to any logic family without ground loop problems. A separate offset adjust pin can be used to zero the offset voltage in either the sample or hold mode. Additionally, the hold capacitor can be driven with an external signal to provide precision level shifting or "differencing" operation. The device will operate over a wide supply voltage range from ±5V to ±18V with very little change in performance, and key parameters are specified over this full supply range. The LF198A version offers tightened electrical specifications for key parameters.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
Click here to view our complete list of demo boards
- 12-Bit Data Acquisition Systems
- Ramp Generators
- Analog Switches
- Staircase Generators
- Sample and Difference Circuits
- Cellular Telephones
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LF398N - Precision Sample and Hold Amplifier in DIP8 Package
- LF398S - Precision Sample and Hold Amplifier in SO8 Package
- LT3015 - 1.5A, Low Noise, Negative Linear Regulator with Precision Current Limit
- LTC6993 - TimerBlox: Monostable Pulse Generator (One Shot)
- LT1028 - Ultra Low Noise Precision High Speed Op Amps
- LTC6943 - Micropower, Dual Precision Instrumentation Switched Capacitor Building Block
- LT1964 - 200mA, Low Noise, Low Dropout Negative Micropower Regulator
- LTC1043 - Dual Precision Instrumentation Switched-Capacitor Building Block
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LTC2400 - 24-Bit µPower No Latency Delta-Sigma ADC in SO-8
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.