μModule Design and Manufacturing Resources
A µModule power product simplifies implementation, Verification, and Manufacturing of complex power circuits by integrating the power function in a compact molded plastic package. Below is a list of guides for product selection, design, evaluation, simulation, layout, PCB assembly, and packaging.
- Power μModule Product Category Page
- Signal Chain μModule Recievers Category Page
- Isolated μModule Transceiver Category Page
Free Simulation Tools
- Download LTspice IV, our powerful, free schematic capture and simulation program for models and demo circuits of DC/DC μModule products
- LTpowerCAD is an alternative DC/DC μModule product selection tool. The tool also assists you through the external component selection process and confirms stability for your unique application. Once complete, the design is easily exportable to LTspice for simulation.
- LTpowerPlay is a powerful, Windows-based development environment supporting Linear Technology's Digital Power System Management (PSM) products.
Demo Boards, Software, & Gerber Files
Demo boards, gerber files, manual, and associated software are available for all products. Visit the demo board page or visit the appropriate product page.
Symbols and Footprints
FPGA Reference Designs
For other design information and applications information, please refer to the product datasheets or the following documents:
- AN119A - Powering Complex FPGA-Based Systems Using Highly Integrated DC/DC µModule Regulator Systems
- DN385 - 10A High Performance Point-of-Load DC/DC µModule Regulator
- DN411 - Simple and Compact 4-Output Point-of-Load DC/DC µModule System
- DN430 - 8A Low Voltage, Low Profile DC/DC Module Regulator in 9mm x 15mm Package Weighs Only 1g
- DN438 - µModule Buck-Boost Regulators Offer a Simple and Efficient Solution For Wide Input and Output Voltage Range Applications
- DN1021 - How to Produce Negative Output Voltages from Positive Inputs Using a μModule Step-Down Regulator
- DN530 - Increasing Output Voltage and Current Range Using Series- Connected Isolated μModule Converters
- AN103 - LTM4600 DC/DC μModule Regulator Thermal Performance
- AN110 - LTM4601 DC/DC μModule Regulator Thermal Performance
- AN119B - Powering Complex FPGA-Based Systems Using Highly Integrated DC/DC µModule Regulator Systems
EMC Test Reports
Quick Start Guide
A brief reference on handling moisture sensitivity, reflow and assembly for the LGA and BGA packages
PCB Assembly and Manufacturing Guidelines
Provides a complete guide to:
- Package Construction
- PCB Design Guidelines
- Moisture Sensitivity, Pack, Ship & Bake
- Board Assembly Process
- Screen Print
- Stencil Design
- Solder Paste, Key Process Parameters
- Reflow Profile
- Removal and Rework
- AN117 - DC/DC µModule Regulator Printed Circuit Board Design Guidelines provides insight into the process of designing the PCB layout.
Shipping Quantities & Tray Dimensions
Materials Declarations & RoHS
For complete materials declarations information for specific products, please click here to download materials declarations for all µModule solution part numbers.
For general information on our RoHS program, please visit our Lead Free Program and RoHS Compliance page.
Package & Board Level Reliability
Data reports from ongoing reliability test are updated regularly and may be accessed from the following links.
- LTM28xx family • LTM46xx family • LTM80xx family • LTM90xx family
- LGA Board Level Reliability
- BGA Board Level Reliability
For moisture sensitivity of µModule devices, please click here or see page 2 of datasheet.