μModule Design and Manufacturing Resources
Beyond providing a complete system-in-package (SIP) solution, Linear Technology provides a free comprehensive suite of design and manufacturing tools and information for µModule Products to help get your design to market quickly and reliably the first time. See the table below to obtain free circuit simulation tools, design & application notes, reference PCB gerber design files which you can copy into your PCB layout, PCB assembly guidelines, materials declaration, RoHS compliance information and more.
- Power μModule Product Category Page
- Signal Chain μModule Recievers Category Page
- Isolated μModule Transceiver Category Page
For datasheets and complete product information regarding a specific product, simply type the part number into the search box at the top right corner of this page.
Demo Boards, Software, & Gerber Files
Demo boards, gerber files, manual, and associated software are available for all products. Visit the demo board page or visit the appropriate product page.
For other design information and applications information, please refer to the product datasheets or the following documents:
- AN119A - Powering Complex FPGA-Based Systems Using Highly Integrated DC/DC µModule Regulator Systems
- DN385 - 10A High Performance Point-of-Load DC/DC µModule Regulator
- DN411 - Simple and Compact 4-Output Point-of-Load DC/DC µModule System
- DN430 - 8A Low Voltage, Low Profile DC/DC Module Regulator in 9mm x 15mm Package Weighs Only 1g
- DN438 - µModule Buck-Boost Regulators Offer a Simple and Efficient Solution For Wide Input and Output Voltage Range Applications
- DN1021 - How to Produce Negative Output Voltages from Positive Inputs Using a μModule Step-Down Regulator
- LGA Package Thermal Performance
- Heat Sinking
- Forced Airflow
- Current Derating
AN119B - Powering Complex FPGA-Based Systems Using Highly Integrated DC/DC µModule Regulator Systems
Thermal Performance and Layout
Free Simulation Tools
Download LTspice IV, our powerful, free schematic capture and simulation program for models and demo circuits of DC/DC μModule products
LTpowerCAD is an alternative DC/DC μModule product selection tool. The tool also assists you through the external component selection process and confirms stability for your unique application. Once complete, the design is easily exportable to LTspice for simulation.
Quick Start Guide
A brief reference on handling moisture sensitivity, reflow and assembly for the LGA and BGA packages
PCB Assembly and Manufacturing Guidelines
Provides a complete guide to:
- Package Construction
- PCB Design Guidelines
- Moisture Sensitivity, Pack, Ship & Bake
- Board Assembly Process
- Screen Print
- Stencil Design
- Solder Paste, Key Process Parameters
- Reflow Profile
- Removal and Rework
- AN117 - DC/DC µModule Regulator Printed Circuit Board Design Guidelines provides insight into the process of designing the PCB layout.
Shipping Quantities & Tray Dimensions
Materials Declarations & RoHS
For complete materials declarations information for specific products, please click here to download materials declarations for all µModule solution part numbers.
For general information on our RoHS program, please visit our Lead Free Program and RoHS Compliance page.
Package & Board Level Reliability
Data reports from ongoing reliability test are updated regularly and may be accessed from the following links.